Nothing stated in this Policy is intended to, nor will it, establish a client-attorney relationship with the persons reading it. Information provided to us in the course of any attorney-client relationship enjoys a unique status and may be protected by confidentiality, the attorney-client privilege, the attorney work product doctrine and other similar protections (whether in the United States or elsewhere). Nothing in this Policy will detract from any of the protections that attach to such information.
Personal Information We Collect and Use
When you use the Internet, your computer may transmit certain information to servers that host the websites you visit. The transmitted information may include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the pages you visited on our Sites, and how you arrived at our Sites. When you visit our Sites, we collect this information, and we use this information to create a better user experience, to identify areas for improvement on our Sites, and to enhance the security of our systems.
What are Cookies? Cookies are small bits of text that are placed on your personal device when you visit certain websites.
Essential Cookies (Cannot be disabled)
- These cookies allows the core functionality of the website and helps identify trusted web traffic. Without these, the website would not function properly. Therefore, essential cookies can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Non-Essential Cookies (Can be disabled)
- Analytical cookies help us to improve our Sites by collecting and reporting information on its usage. These types of cookies include Google Analytics and can collect information about which pages have been read.
- A user reference cookie is used to personalize content for website visitors by saving it to a user’s account for future reference.
You have many choices to manage cookies on your computer. Most browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system, and you can set most browsers to prevent cookies from being placed on your devices. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust preferences every time you visit our Sites and it may not be possible to use the full functionality of our Sites. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
When you visit our Sites, such as when you use our online forms, register for events, sign up for our blogs, or complete our surveys, we may collect and process different types of personal information. The type of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you are interacting with our Sites. The information we collect may include your name, job title or position, company, email address, phone number, physical address, other contact details, contact preferences, topics of interest, and any other information you voluntarily provide.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
Your privacy is important to us. We collect and use information we believe is necessary to our business, and to provide you with the products and services you expect when you interact with us. When we collect and use your information, we take your privacy and security seriously.
We collect and use personal information to deliver superior service. We will use the information you provide to us for the purpose you provided it to us, which is stated when we collect the information. We also may use your information in other ways for our business purposes and to provide you with the products and services you request and expect from us, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- to provide services to our clients
- to administer and improve our services, including solving technical problems and monitoring overall usage statistics
- for marketing and promotional purposes, product development, and content improvement
- to contact you and provide you with the information or services you have requested
- for identification and authentication purposes where access requires pre-authorization
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and court orders
- to assist third parties in protecting your information
- to ensure the technical functioning and security of our network
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Changes in Business Structure/Ownership: We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of a business transition, merger, sale or change of control involving Sahyers Firm or one of our third party service providers.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Legal Requests: We may be required to respond to legal requests for your information, including from law enforcement or other government or regulatory agencies in accordance with applicable laws or regulations. We also may have to disclose certain information to auditors, government authorities, or other authorized individuals in order to comply with laws that apply to us or other legal obligations such as contractual requirements.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We strive to take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are allowed to access personal information, and they may only access it for approved reasons. We also use technology to protect your information, including encrypting sensitive personal information and using firewalls to help stop unauthorized persons from accessing information. If you have an online account with us, your account also is protected by a password for your privacy and security, and you must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, limiting access to your devices, and by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of information will never occur, we use reasonable efforts to prevent it. Please keep in mind that no method of storage or transmission over the Internet is completely secure, so when you use our products or services or provide us with information, it is at your own risk.
Your Privacy Rights
For all personal information that we have about you, you have the following rights and choices that we will accommodate where your requests meet legal and regulatory requirements and do not risk making other information less secure or changing other information:
Opt Out, Object, Withdraw Consent: You can always choose not to disclose certain information to us. Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. If you have provided us with your email address and you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our email communications. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us via direct mail, or if you want to request that we do not share your contact information with our marketing partners, please contact us using the methods in the Contact Us section and include your name, address, and any other specific contact information that you wish to restrict.
Access, Correct, Update, Restrict Processing, Erase: You may have the right to access, correct, and update your information. You also may request that we restrict processing of your information or erase it. To ensure that all of your personal information is correct and up to date, or to ask that we restrict processing or erase your information, please contact us using the methods in the Contact Us section below and include your name, address, and any other specific contact information that you wish to restrict, correct, or erase.
Responding to Requests: Each request to access, correct, restrict processing, erase, or provide a copy of information will be evaluated to determine whether the request meets legal regulatory requirements and does not risk making our other information less secure or changing our other information.
If you would like to make a request regarding your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
Within the past twelve (12) months, Sahyers Firm has not sold information about consumers or disclosed information about consumers for a business purpose to a third party.
Changes to This Policy